FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 10, 2018
Daniel L. Smith
Director of Development
Josiah White’s Quakerdale Foundation
(641) 497-5294 x1272
Todd Hamilton to be Celebrity Professional at 2018 Lennox/Quakerdale Invitational Pro-Am Golf Tournament
(Marshalltown, IA) – The Lennox/Quakerdale Golf Committee is proud to announce that Todd Hamilton will be this year’s celebrity professional at the Lennox/Quakerdale Invitational Pro-Am Golf Tournament.
Since its inception in 1988, this event has helped raise more than $1,873,000, and has provided Quakerdale with the funding needed to fill the gaps in youth and family services in Marshalltown, Marshall County, and numerous other locations across Iowa. This year’s event will be held on Thursday, June 14, and will once again be hosted at Elmwood Country Club in Marshalltown.
Todd started playing golf at the age of 7. He grew up playing on a nine-hole course in Biggsville, Illinois. He lists Jack Nicklaus as his hero, and credits his father for giving him his start in golf.
While at the University of Oklahoma, he was a three-time NCAA All-American. He turned pro in 1987 and has played on the Canadian Tour, the Asian Tour, the Japan Tour, the PGA Tour, and the Champions Tour. Todd received is PGA Players Tour card in 2003 and secured his place in golf history with a stunning victory in The Open Championship at Royal Troon in 2004, holding off Ernie Els during a four-hole playoff to win the Claret Jug. Hamilton became eligible to play on the Champions Tour after turning fifty in 2015.
Todd was born on October 18, 1965 in the small west-central Illinois city of Galesburg. He grew up in an even smaller town, Oquawka, in Henderson County on the Mississippi River. He attended Union High School in Biggsville, Illinois. His wife, Jacque, was his high school sweetheart. Todd and Jacque currently live in Westlake, TX with their three children; Tyler, Kaylee, and Drake.
- Almost quit golf prior to winning the 1992 Asian Tour order of merit.
- First-tee introduction song would be the OU school song, “Boomer Sooner.”
- If not a professional golfer, he would like to be a broadcaster.
- Favorite golf courses are Muirfield Village Golf Club, Royal Troon, and Augusta National.
- Favorite teams are the Oklahoma Sooners and the NHL’s Dallas Stars.
- Favorite movies are “Animal House” and “Caddyshack.”
- Favorite entertainers are Earth, Wind and Fire and Maroon 5.
- Favorite athlete is Michael Jordan.
- Biggest thrills outside of golf were when the Dallas Stars won the 1999 Stanley Cup, when Oklahoma won the 2000 NCAA national championship in football, and watching the Chicago Cubs win the World Series.
- Special interests: Crossword puzzles and hockey